Would Felting solve my problem?

kzengineer

I made a soaker diaper cover for my little boy and it is way too big. It is maybe 3 to 4 inches too big around the waist and it is too long, but not at big in that direction. It is my first real crochet project and it was done in two sections (front and back) and then stitched together, so I couldn't try it on him as I went. It is made of pattons wool from AC moore. I would love opinions on what I can do to get it to fit. If not, I am working on another pattern that hopefully will fit. It is done in DC if that makes a difference. Thanks, KZ

In my experience, felting shrinks in length more than width. Also, you would lose all stretchiness of the fabric after felting. The double crochet should not make a difference. I have felted items that have used all stitches, sc, hdc, and dc.

My opinion is frog it and start over.

felting would make the fabric alot thicker, as smokey said it would loose stretchiness too, if I was you I would make another and keep the other one untill it does fit him! if you think he will never wear it then frog it and start again. I used cotton nappies and I would have loved some covers like that but I didn't know how to crochet when my girls were babies! :)

Archived