Mothers of babies ?

I am doing a sweater and hat set for a friend to give as a gift to a 10 month old, I haven't had a 10 month old in a long long time :P, I have found some really cute patterns but have no idea how big to make a hat..

here is the pattern I am using would you suggest making it for a toddler or infant? I tried a size 5 mm hook and it was way too big. I am using ww yarn any help is appreciated

http://www.crochetme.com/Feb_Mar_2005/patt_ruffle_hat.html

Same here... my dd will be 15 months and I just measured her head yesterday for a hat... she's at 18" now. I would agree that its MUCH better if it ends up too big... then at least she can grow into it instead of never getting to wear it in the first place :)

thanks so much to both of you and may I say enjoy every moment with your little ones, it really is a blink in time that I miss so much..

the toddler is what I had done, but it seemed huge to me, so I frogged it, you really do forget how big or small they are..

so I will do it again, in the toddler, it works up quite quick

thanks so much

I'm with everyone else -a little bigger is better. My babies never kept hats on anyway. But toddlers often think it's fun to wear a hat. In fact, I think I might try out that pattern for my 18 month old! But then my 4 year old will want one...

So I made a "toddler" size with an H/5 mm hook and ww yarn. It turned out big enough for my 4 year old. I'm an average to tight crocheter, so you might want to try the baby size. I think the baby size would fit my 18 month old better.

If you're not making it as a suprise, you might get the child's head measurement and try for a little bit bigger.

Here's my 18 month old with the hat on. It's not the best picture, but it shows how big it is.

th_DSCF5319.jpg

So I made a "toddler" size with an H/5 mm hook and ww yarn. It turned out big enough for my 4 year old. I'm an average to tight crocheter, so you might want to try the baby size. I think the baby size would fit my 18 month old better.

If you're not making it as a suprise, you might get the child's head measurement and try for a little bit bigger.

Here's my 18 month old with the hat on. It's not the best picture, but it shows how big it is.

th_DSCF5319.jpg

OH how cute!!! what a doll...yes I did the toddler size again last night and it almost fit me :P I am frustrated but still working on it

Its a surprise so I can't measure, thanks for the link to the head sizes nana I have bookmarked it

Waves HI to Manda :hug

Archived