First crocheted bag - SnB FBB

crochetstepmom

Here is my take on the Fat Bottom Bag from SnB Happy Hooker. I used Lion Suede in Denim. I had originally bought the yarn to make a purse for a neighbor. I think she'll like this bag better. I bought black to make one for me. I like the plain, no embellishments look with this particular yarn.

Question for all of you experienced FBBers...I want to make the one for me a bit bigger. I used a J hook on this one, per the yarn label recommendations. If I used a larger hook, would the stitches turn out too loose? It doesn't need to be a lot bigger than this one, it's just a bit small for me.

Thanks!

th_PICT0005.jpg

th_PICT0002.jpg

th_PICT0001.jpg

There are two handles, even though the picture doesn't look like it. The bag was in an odd position. :lol

th_PICT0003.jpg

Thank you very much! I am very happy with it.

I used two full skeins and just barely part of a third one. My handles are a little thick, so I made the handle flaps with 11 rows instead of 7. I ran out of yarn from the second ball on the 8th row of the second handle flap. I'm certain that if I had not extended the flaps, two balls would have been enough. I used a J hook.

Very Nice!!!

Just a thought but maybe 2 threads together with a larger hook? Also there is a bulky chenille that may work if you wanted to buy other skeins. I use both the chenille and the suede in my projects, and the suede is definitely stronger.

Archived