OMG I have a lot of hooks

Wow! I'm trying to figure out, if you have 220 hooks, can you have a favorite or do the others get jealous. Really.

I've got 2 sets of aluminum, but only because my first set got packed during a household move and haven't been found. Yet. I'll find those babies. There's stuff in storage and they've got to be there!

Then there's the one set of steel hooks. They are lost with the first set of aluminum ones. That's OK though. The next time I'll be doing any thread crochet will be on the other side of eternity. How do you DO those doilies?

And ~ a couple very large wooden hooks for rugs.

You know, Mom was right. Those Susan Bates hooks ARE better. I thought she was kidding. I figured, "Hey, it's just a hook." But I found I actually do like them the best, so I do have the occasional extra J hook stuck in a project.

My oldest sister and I sound like twin broken records when we walk in a yarn dept. because we both ask "Do you have Susan Bates?"

But 220 hooks. I'm impressed. It never crossed my mind that anyone might have such a large collection. Are you sure some of them aren't reproducing? Maybe they've been out hooking when you weren't looking ...

Real Deal

I thought that I had a lot at 40!!

My crafty girlfriend who does a lot of embroidery made me a wrap to keep them in because she couldn't stand me rifling through the draws in my craft area looking for the right size.

She even divided it in sections so they can be filed in hook sizes.

My favourite hook belonged to my grandmother but my **** ex took it in spite when he left. It made me so angry. It meant nothing to him but he took it anyway. It was a really fine one with a cover just for fine thread work. She used it to crochet my hankie that I carried when I was married.

Archived