Tried Square Needles?

Redheart

square no but i have tried all the different points (stiletto, blunt, tapered) and i have tried speedsticks from aero and i have also tried the different woods aswell... personally i like the taper or stiletto point in aluminum with no color just silver. goodluck trying new things its always good to see what you like

I haven't tried these, either, but have found some interesting information about them. This website has some testimonials listed: http://www.kollageyarns.com/needles.html

At first, I thought that must be an uncomfortable shape to work with, but the information says they are designed to help coordination and ease knitting. I'm curious to find out how you like them.

Thanks for the link, Sarasara. I guess I shouldn't have been surprised to see a square crochet hook on that site, too. First square hook I've seen. I was crocheting over the weekend, so I still haven't tried the square needles.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried my new square needles last night. I'm knitting a scarf with LB Boucle in black and Incredible in black and gray -one strand of each in garter stitch. I don't feel any difference using the squares vs the rounds, but they look good and are lightweight and the yarn slides nicely. Oh, and the scarf is beautiful! It's a gift for my sister, but I may have to make one for myself-in blue, of course! :knit

Archived