Help with baby bootie size

My husband's friend's wife is having twins. I've got extra yarn left over from making them each a baby blanket and figured booties (and maybe hats?) would be a good way to use up the yarn.

Anyway, I've found this pattern and am using the exact yarn and hook. My booties are about 1 inch wide and about 2 1/2 long. Does that seem a little small?? Most of the patterns I see are for about 3 inches. Maybe add a few rows to the length?

Thanks!

I would also go up a size. I went to the store to look at newborn socks (too expensive to buy:eek since I can make something close...) and measured them against my finger for future reference. They were about as long as my middle finger, about 3 inches long and as wide (when flat) as my little finger a little over 2 inches. Then I made some booties that size. I didn't have a tape measure with me but my fingers, so that worked;) .

I also have done some hats for my friend who's having twins. I'm makinger her 2 pairs of booties in several colors of left over yarn, so if she loses one she still has one pair:lol . Plus I thought I might get a zippered mesh bag for her to put them in and wash them in so they don't get lost too easily. Since they're easy to make and don't take up a lot of yarn, no problem.

Oh I was using this pattern (Beth's Botties - link) but found dc too loose, so I did some in sc and then hdc. LOL. Took me a few tries to find a stitch I liked. But she's getting all of them!

Bev's Easy Round Hat - link to an easy hat pattern, mine are similar, but I did the last few rounds in sc (again worked better for me). I did a few like the purple hat, the top one color, the middle another and the last round the same as the top.

Debbi

Archived