Crochet on TV

wrenlover

The lifetime movie, "Odd Girl Out" had a granny square scarf and poncho.

I saw a neat crochet purse carried by a lady in Walmart, it was very summery and had loops every few rows. It looked like it was made out of hemp.

Lisa

• 2 weeks later...

Last night I was flipping channels while crocheting (trying to find 'background noise') and came across this program - Celebrity Hobbies. I only caught the last half, but that's the part that was interesting to me/us. Shelley Morrison of Will & Grace (and the Flying Nun) both knits and crochets. She explained why she had these hobbies (relaxation & stress relief) and gave very quick lessons on both crocheting and knitting. What I liked best of all is how careful she was to explain the difference between the two! At the very end, she said "right now, I'm crocheting, so I'm a hooker, but in a little while, when I pick up my knitting, I'll be a needler." :hook:cheer:manyheart

I caught the same show and I loved that line. She has definitely different ways of knitting and crocheting than I do. It always amazes me how each person puts their own spin on each craft.

Robin

First of all, this is the best show for sighting crochet...you have to look closely, but they have some of the neatest items. Rory wears this gorgeous pineapple scarf in the winter. Last night, Paris was wearing a cute short sleeved top using a shell pattern. My daughter is always telling me "pay attention to the story, mom. NOt the crochet." She may not crochet, but she knows my intent look when I spot it!

Sara

Archived