How to: Crochet Letters

stillwjo

I have a pattern for a beanie cap that has lettering crocheted into it. It has instructions on how to change colors but I can't get it to look right. Can someone tell/show me how to add letters? They're worked into sc's.

I'm sure this has been asked before but I haven't been able to find anything.

thanks

John S:confused

I'm working from the inside of the hat. Is that correct? I seem to get some extra parts of the "wrong" color where they don't belong.

I couldn't get to the tapestrycrochet.com site but I found a tutorial by Carol Ventura. Not quite detailed enough. It looks like what I was doing but it doesn't look like yours.

thanks

I usually work from the outside, but if you work from the inside, I guess just reverse the pattern. You'll get the "wrong" color showing through with larger hooks or especially if you use double crochet stitches. Single crochet works best, but even then, with larger hooks, you'll get some of the wrong color.

Hope this helps.

I found out about Tapestry Crochet from Carol's web site at tapestrycrochet.com - I seem to be having trouble getting there right now, too. They may be having server problems (could be weather-related).

You could try Googling "Tapestry Crochet" and, if the links don't work, use the "cached" links.

Carol also has a Yahoo! group (Tapestry Crochet) at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TapestryCrochet/

Archived