broken yarn!

I'm working on a giant granny square throw/blanket (not sure how big it will end up being with the yarn I have.) It's been a wip for some time now, and I figured it would be a nice break from sewing together 200 little squares for a tetris blanket that needs to be mostly finished in a week and a half. However, this blanket just went along with the rest of my crochet related events today!

First, I lost my hook to finish the rest of the black squares for the tetris blanket. (thankfully, I found it several hours later but nevertheless, it wasn't a happy time since I couldn't even remember the size of the hook to replace it.) Then, my eyes got tired of sewing... over and over and over again. Sewing in ends to each square and then sewing strips together. Now, mind you, I have good eyes but staring at black yarn and trying to get into the back loop only really does tire them out.

Third!! My yarn breaks when I try to work on something to relax me. Of course, this isn't just plain ol' every day yarn. It's boucle. Which means it's a pain to frog to get back enough to add the new part. It was at the very 2 spaces from the very end of a round also so I am just grateful I have a fourth of a skein left along with another.

I love this yarn. It's so pretty and soft. (I think it's just jo-ann's sensations. Nothing really fancy but MUCH fancier than I'm use to working with.) But this break.... ARG!!! Couldn't have just been by itself by after two other bad crochet instances!

Bah. I think I just needed to complain about that a bit, and I did. I know things generally run in threes but couldn't it have been three good things!

Of course... and this is just perfect.... I finally finish with that skein and attach the new one and low and behold one side and a half later I have to cut a part out of the NEW skein that is bad! So instead of just 4 ends to weave at the very end, it upped to 6 and now 8! I only hope it's not any more since I'm kind of afraid of that part with how fragile the yarn seems with all this breaking in the skeins!

Of course, on the other side, the blanket is wonderfully warm and that's a bit surprising to me since it's so holey thanks to just being a big granny square and this Sensations Boucle yarn seems a bit thin to be warm.

Just think s you look at the finished project FINALLY :tup you will have a greater appreciation of all of your hard work and sacrifices :thair...not to mention self-control....:bang at time like these I have DH hide my scissors...cuz I'm cutting something!!! :yarn:grumpy

:manyheart

Yes, I totally understand that...HOWEVER my stinking crochet hook broke yesterday! Size C and 3/4 of the way through my groom's head the stinking thing broke right in half:tryme I couldn't believe it. I'm on a deadline! I even asked the charge nurse if I could leave early to go get another one, she said no :eek Just because she isn't used to not having a secretary. ::sigh:: I bought two just incase last night and the head is done...however I still have the rest of his body to do, I'm hoping the two get me through that considering the first new one is already feeling a tad bit wobbly. The hook I had originally bought was Susan Bates C and I'm not buying Susan Bates again...much flimsier (sp?) then Boyle or Boyd..whatever brand it is:P

:yes , I crochet rediculously tight because I don't want the stuffing to show through:scrachin I think I was just going so fast and the heat in my fingers and... ::sigh::: Definately broken and now i"m paranoid that my new one will break even though I bought 2 just incase.

Archived