Ronald McDonald House

SurendraSkye

Hi all.

Right now I am in a Ronald McDonald house waiting for my son to have surgery. Don't worry, its nothing real serious, just having his little winki fixed up.:blush

When we first checked in they let him pick out a toy, a book, and a little blanket. The blankets had been hand made and donated. :c9 I was very surprised. My sister had been here several times in the past when her daughter was having surgeries, and she says this is a new thing. I am planning on making regular donations of blankets that I will make. I think I will bring my kids in for their birthdays, to give the blankets to the house, so that they learn how nice it is to give.

I thank everyone who has donated hand made items to organizations such as these. I was in such a hurry to get down here that I fogot all of his Lovy items. It was so nice for him to get a soft blanket and a teddy bear.

It really does make all the difference, in such a stressfull situation. My sons surgery is a minor one, but I know that most of the people who stay at Ronald McDonald houses are here for very serious illnesses.

I just wanted to thank anyone who has ever contributed in a simillar way, and incourage them to contue.

Thankyou,

Heather

SurendraSkye:manyheart

It is so nice to hear a story from a recipient. We love crocheting for charities, specially for children. I know they will love anything you give them.:)

Thank you so much for your post. Blankies are so close to my heart, they're really my calling. I was a blankie-toting child myself :)

I am so glad that someone's gift of love was there to make a scary time a little less so for your son, and for you too. You never know how much good a little comfie blanket can do...for a little one who is scared and in a strange place.

Thank you, thank you for your post.

I've sent lots of hats to RMH but not so many blankies yet. I should add them to my list for the future too.

hugs (and hopes your son will be all better soon)

Ro

Thank you so much for posting. It was nice to hear your story.

Kids love blankets. My sister tells me that when my nieces and nephews are sick they go into her room and cuddle with the afghan I sent for her. My nieces drag their afghans around with them (and they are teens).

• 2 weeks later...

My family has stayed at the Ronnie house in Sacramento CA. It is a wonderful place, and takes so much stress off of the family trying to find a place to stay in a strange city with a sick child.

To anyone that has ever given to the Ronald McDonald House Thank you:manyheart

Archived