Polish Star

dbriese

Question

7 answers to this question

Does anyone have any tips for crocheting the polish star potholders that are free at freepatterns.com. I have been crocheting for years and these are not making sense? HELP:) D

OK I just made a sample of this pattern and got it to work out. (and now I think I have a new Christmas present idea too :) )

What part do you need help with?

Well I just threw it all out. Starting again. I cant figure out the loops? :lol

You can't figure out how to weave the loops together? Or you can't figure out how to make the loops in the first place?

OK so when I did the loops part I found that little chart they had to actually be more confusing than helpfull. I used the written instructions and the photo of the finished potholder as a referance and it was much easier.

So first smooth everything out and make sure all your loops are on the right side of the fabric.

Step One:On the first row of loops there should be six loops. Totally ignore the loops on each end, we're just using the 4 loops in the middle. The two on the right place the left loop through the right loop. Do the same with the two on the left, left loop through the right loop on the same row. I pulled them through a bit more than I needed to just to make sure they stayed put untill I needed them again..it will all straiten out later.

-Step Two: Now put each of the bottom loops over the loop on the next row above it.

So if you are working from right to left it will be like this:

-One bottom loop over the loop on the next row above.

-Now you have the first set of crossed loops. Keeping them crossed place a loop from the bottom over the loop right above it.

-Now the second set of crossed loops

-One loop left ...place over the loop on next row.

Step Three: Here we take each loop on row three and put it over the loop above it on row 4. It's the same thing you just did in step two.

Now we go back to Step one where you pay no attention to the loops on the ends and cross the middle loops over each other.

Hopefully this will help the instructions make a bit more sense. For the most part work slow and just follow the steps on the pattern a little bit at a time. Also it doesn't really start to look right untill you get about 3 or 4 rows of loops worked. Just trust the pattern. :)

If you need any further help or clarification just ask. :hook

Archived