Hairpin Lace Along

sammimag

Thanks, HappyBunny! It sounds like after you are pulling up the first loop of the sc, that after you yo, you are only including 1/2 of the loop. I could be wrong. Whether or not I did it correctly, I sc'd around 2 strands (making the loop).

Keep me posted,

Lara

I've tried again this morning and what I'm consistently coming up with is what is best described as a 'tube' of loops instead of a loop on either side of the single crochet. The single crochet is buried inside of the tube of loops and appears twisted. I can take it off the loom and turn it right side out so that I have a strip of single crochet with a single loop. For the life of me I can't figure out how I'm doing it differently from the tutorials!!

I can't post a pic yet because I haven't been on the ville for 60 days yet....anybody have any thoughts other than Hairpin lace may not be for me ?? LOL

Kim

Ok, I've examined what I'm doing and it appears my mistake is when I have the loop on the crochet hook and I am pulling thru the yarn to make the second loop for the single crochet....I have no clue what to do differently but at least I've figured out where I am going wrong....

Kim

TaaaaDaaaaa!!! I did it! :cheer Only took me two days to figure it out but I finally got it right. What a relief!:yes I'm going to start with a scarf or wrap, something simple for my first project.:yay

Kim

Congratulations it took me a while too but I was determined to figure it out. I still need to find a new loom as mine seems to be a bit bent.

Thank you! I was determined too and I'm so glad I stuck with it until I figured it out. I got my loom at JoAnn's online and it seems to be holding up pretty well!

Kim

That's funny I tried to find it at JoAnn's online and couldn't find it. How much are they?

I think they had two different kinds and they were only about $5. The one I got is a Wright's and they call it a crochet fork.

Hope that helps!

Kim

I think I've got the hang of it, even if I may be doing it incorrectly.

My personal opinion is that, whatever way you are working it, if you do it consistently and it kind of resembles the finished product, then there is no harm done if it is not 100% correct.

Photos posted at my blog, in my sig, today's post.

My strips will eventually be a stole, very pretty pattern from my vintage collection.

I think I've got the hang of it, even if I may be doing it incorrectly.

My personal opinion is that, whatever way you are working it, if you do it consistently and it kind of resembles the finished product, then there is no harm done if it is not 100% correct.

Photos posted at my blog, in my sig, today's post.

My strips will eventually be a stole, very pretty pattern from my vintage collection.

Your strips look great! I love the color you're using. I bought some Moda Dea Ticker Tape on sale this past weekend and I'm going to do the free stole pattern on StitchDiva. Hope to get started on it today!

LOL, too funny about your original strips being 10 foot long...that sounds like something I would do!!

Kim

Archived