Hand held sewing machines

I hope this is the right thread to put it in. I do not like sewing AT ALL! And my stitches are pretty horrible. I'd like to get one of those hand-held sewing machines to use when I'm trying to put linings on my bags and the like. Anyone have any experience with these?? The reviews that I've been looking up have been both good and bad. Anyone have any experience with these??

Thanks!

Oh yes! I had one and it didn't work well at all. The seam turns out to be quite strange looking because the machine only uses one thread instead of two. The stitches were constantly pulling and the thread tangled. In addition, the very beginning of the seam caused the cloth to pucker and tear. I don't know if I just had a bad product but I'd never buy another one.

I hope this is the right thread to put it in. I do not like sewing AT ALL! And my stitches are pretty horrible. I'd like to get one of those hand-held sewing machines to use when I'm trying to put linings on my bags and the like. Anyone have any experience with these?? The reviews that I've been looking up have been both good and bad. Anyone have any experience with these??

Thanks!

How about posting the kind you were thinkin of? I agree that you need something with a top thread and a bobbin otherwise it"s a waste. I think some hand helds wil work.

Archived