Ripple

younghooker

Question

I see all these beautiful ripple blankets that are shown here and I need to find out what I am doing wrong. I followed the pattern I found perfectly, decreased where I was supposed to. after 5-6 rows, my end peak on one of the sides just flattened out.. I had to frog the whole thing.

What is the easiest pattern for a ripple out there?? I'm pulling out my hair!!!!!!!

6 answers to this question

:think Can you post a picture of what you have done so far?

:think Can you say what pattern you are using?

The main problem people seem to have with the Ripple, is not increasing or decreasing at the ends of the rows.

Some patterns start with a peak and some start with a valley so it will depend on which your pattern is.

I have devised a simple method of doing a Ripple Which is very easy to follow so please let me know if you would like a copy of the pattern.

It is just the method of doing and you have to work out your own colour scheme etc.

Here is a pic.th_TradeMe211.jpg

Not the best pic in the world but it will give a bit of an idea. The end which I chopped off is the exact same as the end showing.

Hope this helps.

Have fun.

Colleen:hug

Younghooker, I have found when I am making a ripple, it's best to count your stitches. This method has kept me from ripping out lots. Each side of the ripple should have the same number of stitches and if you are counting, you'll catch a mistake before you get too far.

I won't have a camera until my birthday, the 13th. But I will post a picture then.. And i have been couting stitches but I cant figure out what I'm doing wrong!! lol

Can I just rent one of you ladies to sit next to me and help me out?? Lol

When someone asks about a ripple, I usually post this pic, which is the diagram I use to teach my students. Maybe that'll be of some help to you.

(it's a sc ripple, dc ripple is a bit different)

cv_ripple_diagram.gif

Archived