Entering a Burial set in the Fair.

Hi everyone,

This year, they opened the crochet catagory up a little bit at the fair. They let us enter two entries in each lot, such as afghans, clothing, etc.

It had only been one before.

So I had made a pretty pink set (Dress, Bonnet, booties and panties) and that won a first place ribbon.

I had a bunch of white yarn and I made a pretty white with pink trim burial set for a preemie (1 to 2 pounds). I made the long gown, a bonnet and some booties. I intend to donate it for Care Wear Volunteers to a center in Wisconsin.

I was looking at how I did, and the lady who helped judge the items was astonished that there was an organization for such items. So I spoke with her and let her know about this group. She said she would let the judge know about it.

So I walked away with a second place ribbon, and educated some people. I think I did something special. And then the item will go to a family who needs an extra hug at a sad time in their life and I can help out a little bit.

I think we are all winners.

:manyheart

:yay Congratulations on your ribbons! :yay

And it's nice that you were able to tell someone about an organization that helps others.

Our fair had a catagory that they judged and then the items went to a local charity. The items included afghans, clothes, and toys.

Congrats on the ribbon, Linda!

I admire you for crocheting the burial set. It takes a special person with

a very big heart to crochet these outfits. Your post really touched me.

Thank you for doing this.

Archived