Opinion please on Kertzer Real worsted Lullaby yarn

mom2boys

Is Kertzer Real worsted Lullaby yarn gender neutral ?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Is Kertzer Real worsted Lullaby yarn gender neutral ?

• yes
    • no, it's too girly !
    • no, it's boyish !

Question

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post. I'm hoping the wise ladies here will help me decide if this Lullaby yarn http://yarnsale.herrschners.ca/products/sku-010138__id-0__tab-__page-3.html is suitable for a baby boy. I'm going to crochet a baby blanket using this pattern http://www.projectlinus.org/pattern1.shtml for a little baby boy. Can I use blue yarn or white yarn to trim it to make it more boyish ? In your opinion, does this Lullaby color gender neutral ? My neighbour said it's girly color however my teacher who sold me the yarn said it's gender neutral.

I have bought 10 balls of this yarn so that I can crochet for Project Linus and am hoping it's GN ! If it's too girly, can you please recommend a way to make it look more gn ?

Can you please advise ? Thank you for all your replies ! :hook:manyheart

6 answers to this question

Why would it have to be boyish if you are donating to charity? I say its gn and if you wish you could trim with boy colors!

I was going to use this yarn to crochet a baby blanket for my dh's colleague's baby boy. Also, I was hoping it's GN so that when I finish a blanket for Project Linus, either a little boy or a girl could use it !:) My ds who was really small at 650g(1lb 4oz) when he was born has 2 project Linus blankets as he was in NICU in a hospital and was transferred to one nearer to home when he grew much bigger ! I also believe there are more boys in NICU than girls. My dd who is his twin was a 4 lber when she was born and only stayed in the hospital for 2 weeks. Someday, I would like to repay that kindness by crocheting some blankets for some babies !:)

Archived