Don't forget about craigslist!

birdlady1

I'm sure I'm not the first to think of this. But I just posted a request for my wanting free yarn. Maybe no one will respond but then again maybe 1,000 people will respond!

I also said I was interested in obtaining (free) crochet patterns. You never know.

No personal information appears in the post. People respond to an anonymous email address that is then forwarded to you by craigslist.

In most parts of the country (the world!) the listing is free. What have you got to lose? Here's the link: www.craigslist.org. Then click on the city or country of your origin (or choice) and see what happens.

I'll let everyone know if I get any responses.

I've tried to get free yarn through craigslist before but had no luck (same with freecycle)... I have received responses to posts for yarn that I would have had to pay for, but they were asking for twice the amount the yarn normally costs at the store! I guess crocheters/knitters in my area just love all their yarn too much? :shrug

I have used craigs list to look for yarn, I am working with a gal right now on some patterns and yarn. I think it might depend on the area. But on another note, I love craigs list for other things, I have sold lots of stuff and even rented two houses useing this free service.....Thanks Craig

Archived