5dtr cluster

nanacarr

Question

I'm working on a doily called Woodland Lace from the SouthMaid Specail Doilies for Special Times booklet. In round 8 it says - holding back lst lp on hook, dtr in next 5 tr, yo and draw throuhg all 6 lps on hook - 5-dtr cluster made

(I've done this before, but today, I can't get my brain to work right.) It says to make a dtr: yo 3 times, insert hook where indicated and draw a lp through,[yo and draw thread through 2 lps on hook] 4 times.

My question: In order to 'hold back the last lp on hook' - Do I [yo & draw through 2 lps] 3times and then the 4th time only draw through one lp (so that I would be holding back the last lp??)? OR Do I simply [yo & draw through 2 lps] 3times?

I hope this makes sense to someone!!:think:eek:think

6 answers to this question

My question: In order to 'hold back the last lp on hook' - Do I [yo & draw through 2 lps] 3times and then the 4th time only draw through one lp (so that I would be holding back the last lp??)?

Nope, you would: yo 3 times, insert hook where indicated and draw a lp through, then [yo, draw through 2 loops] 3 times, and that's it. You're left with two loops on your hook: your original loop, plus just one loop from the unfinished dtr you just worked. Then you're going to yo 3 times again, go into the next stitch and repeat. Then again repeat 3 more times. You'll end up with 6 loops: your original one, plus one for each unfinished dtr.

Hope that makes sense. :)

:cheer I think you have it right.:cheer

You will do all but the last movement of each of the 5DTRs which will leave 6 loops on the hook, (the chain which was there to start with and the 5 from the DTRs) YO and carefully pull through all loops on the hook. (Makes an upside-down Shell)

Sometimes it pays to do a single CH to close the top of the cluster. It may not be in you pattern but you can do the single CH and then ignore it on the next row.

Hope this helps.

Have fun.

Colleen:hug

I see you edited your post, so... your edit is correct. :yes

Woodland lace is a beautiful pattern, btw. :)

Thank you so much! I've done this before using dc stitch but never tr stitch. I just could not get it right in my head. I started this doily today while I was sitting in a very cramped Thermo King service department. With all the noise and what not, I couldn't think straight when I got to this. And by the time I got home, I was completely doubting myself! I did it the wrong way, so I'm getting ready to rip it out and do it right. Thanks again for all your help! :hug:manyheart:hug

Archived