Edgerydoo Questions

PamJ

Question

I've been admiring all the beautiful edgings everyone has been making with this tool. It's something I've wanted to do for a long time but never could figure out how to make those holes in the fabric! Looking at the Edgerydoo website--what kit do you order to edge blankets? The first one listed on the order form? The others are all SQUARE kits--are those to make quilts? I'm also wondering if you can use Edgerydoo to edge receiving blankets made with flannel or lightweight cotton. One of my daughter's favorite blankets was a light seersucker which someone edged with purchased lace trim. For this kind of blanket, would you need to prewash the fabric and seam the edges before using the template and crocheting, since these would be more likely to shrink and fray? Thank you for any help. I'm new to the forum and really enjoying it! Pam

2 answers to this question

Every kit, both the one at the top plus the square kits below, come with templates. Click on the thumbnail to see which shape of template is in each kit. There are 2! :) The top one is rounded around the corners, and the bottom one with the squares is well, square.

I would say, yes... definitely pre-wash if it would shrink, else your edging will bunch it all up. I guess that's a reason why they use fleece & flannel for these usually. :)

Once you have the awl piercing tool (kinda looks like a big icepick?), you can use it on your own fabric pieces, so it probably won't much matter which kit you buy, as long as you choose the corner shape you want.

I'd imagine the squared one would work better for most things?? I don't know, I haven't bought one yet. After looking at this a bit more, I'm now considering trying a do-it-yourself version of this using an ice pick and some pierced plexiglass I have around the house (used in a divided fish tank :lol).

Archived