Bullion hook question..

jimbo

Would someone please tell me a bit about bullion hooks? I'm thinking of making one and wonder what the distance should be along the hook shank, between the hook head and the handle. I assume it should be a constant diameter for at least a couple inches but beyond that....

Any help?

Oh, and lets say its for an H plus, sizewize (i have trouble making smaller hooks of that kind of length... they often decide to become kindling instead)

Thanks

Jimbo

Jimbo, I have an Annie's Attic bullion hook in size H. Overall it is 6 inches. The throat is about 1-1/4 inches. The middle area, which is thinner than the part below and round, is just short of 2 inches. The remainder is 3 inches. The bottom area is approximatey 2cm in diameter; the middle rounded area is 1.5cm dia.

Hope this helps, Ellen

Thanks Ellen! I think i'll do some looking around here and see if i can find one as a "go by". I've some ideas for the hook end shape and the handle that i'd like to try.

Somebody said once that they'd love to have a bullion hook that works. What a challange! Just gotta give it a try.

Thanks again

Jimbo

I was trying to figure out what a bulion hook was, so I googled 'bulion hook' The second page on the list was yours Jimbo!

(Unfortunately, when I googled 'wood crochet hook' you didn't make the first page. bummer!)

Jimbo has posted a picture of his initial attempt at a bullion hook. Take a look and be sure to give him lots of feedback. This'll be a wonderful addition to his "resume" and great additions to our hook collections!

Archived