Help with a pattern

jasmom

Question

Hi! I feel silly asking this but I'm having some trouble with a pattern.

My mother in law taught me to crochet a granny square and the rest I kind of just wing it! Keeping that in mind...:think

I'm on the right front after finishing the back.

I'm working on a pattern and it says:

Row 6: Ch 3, (3dc...) in first ch-1 sp, work in established pattern of row 6 across turn.

Now the previous Row 6: Ch 4 (count as dc, ch1), 4 dc ...*ch 2, sk next ch-2 space...*

so....

Okay, after Ch 3, (3dc...), then I started from the *ch2, sk next ch-2 space* is that correct?

It doesn't seem to be right because Row 7 is not working out. Am I doing it right?

Thanks for the HelP!

4 answers to this question

That would seem to be right, but if it's not working out, then maybe you have a problem with your row 5? Have you counted your stitches in row 5 to make sure that row is correct?

Good News!!! Here I am, I thought I was having so much trouble w/ this pattern from SnB. I was wondering if I was not following the pattern correctly - and it wasn't ME afterall!:clap :clap

After surfing through the ville' someone wrote in about all these pattern errors in the SnB HH book. You guessed it, I had the older version and some stitch info was left out!!!!

YAHOOOOOOOOOO. :yay

Thought I share this with everyone.

Thanks again Sherryzzz for your help.:yes

Good News!!!, I had the older version and some stitch info was left out!!!!

:yay

Thought I share this with everyone.

Thanks again Sherryzzz for your help.:yes

:yayAnother win for the little guy :cheer:cheer:cheer

Archived