Have you ever found an error in a free pattern?

IF ANYONE EVER FINDS ANY ERRORS IN MY FREE PATTERNS HERE AT

CROCHETVILLE, I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE KNOWING SO THAT I CAN

MAKE CHANGES AND POST IT CORRECTLY!!! THANKS!!! Peggy

ps... I WILL RESPOND AND NOT IN 2 WEEKS - MUCH QUICKER!!!!:D

WOW!!! Darski, you are amazing!! :manyheart I followed that a little. :lol Thank you so much!! I can't wait to work it out now. How can I ever repay you?

On another note, I am happy to know that I am right about this. I am very new (and learning quickly), so it is good to know that I am on the right track. Thank you Darski, for making me feel a little less crazy.

For the row where you want to divide out the sleeves...

Work in the pattern to the 5th V-st, dc in next 2 dc (2 dc of a 4 dc group)

skip the next 6 V-stitches and 2dc immediately following, dc in next 2 dc,

work pattern across 10 V-stitch segments and dc in the next 2(of 4) dc,

skip the next 6 V-stitches and 2dc immediately following, dc in next 2 dc,

work pattern to end.

<------------------------------>

if you can't follow this, I could do a quick pic to show it

In order to get the pics, I have squished the pattern. i haven't really done all the rows so just know that when you only see 3 dc groups and not 4 dc groups

This shows the pattern worked to the 2 (of 4)dc following the 5th V-stitch

saq1.jpg

Here, I have skipped the next 6 v-sts and two dc that follow that 6th one but I am putting 2 dc into the last 2 dc

saq2.jpg

I would then continue across the back portion and then do the next sleeve this same way.

Here is the view of the sleeve joined showing where the "side" is formed

saq3.jpg

Hope this helps.

I want to encourage you to believe your mind when it tells you what is real. As you grow in your skills you will be better able to work it out as you go along to fix mistakes that you find.

This is an older pattern and is given as a treat for those of us who surf for freebies. I don't expect that site to make corrections, they serve a different purpose.

I am curious... are you going to try the hat? I am tempted myself. I hear good things about aquarium tubing as something to hold brims in shape :wlol

:bow:nworthy Thank you so much!! This all makes total sense now. I am planning on making the entire set. I am happy that you are too. Just in case I get stuck again. :hook

Archived