Need some help on a poncho

jesseq23

Question

Hi everyone,

I'm making a poncho

http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/cwetq-mansPoncho.html

I've crocheted one side so far. But I'm confused because I don't understand the assembly instructions, so I think I'm doing something wrong. My right side isn't very tall (very wide, but not tall enough to fit the length of a man's chest.)

This is my first time using a pattern, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. If I totally messed up, I've got the beginning of a nice throw blanket LOL.

2 answers to this question

As I read the pattern, and look at the way it's being worn in the photo, I think Right and Left should be Front and Back, maybe?

So, you have two rectangles, with long sides at top and bottom. You are putting them together and sewing it on one long side (the top). You make 2 seams, each 22" long, one from each wrist to shoulder, which should leave a 20" hole in the middle for your head. Shoulder seam, head hole, shoulder seam.

I think I'd put the rectangles together find the middle of the top, measure 10" to either side of the middle, and make my seam from that point to the wrist edge. That way you know it will be even even if your gauge doesn't exactly match the pattern.

edit .....So I just looked at the other part of your question about not being long enough. Something is wrong with the pattern, if 4 rows = 4 inches, how can 23 rows be 32 inches??

I would add more rows in a stripe/color pattern that pleases you to make up the 32 inches in length, and make the other side match.

Thank you very much, you really cleared the assembly up for me. I thought it was way too short, and I'm using a less bulky yarn. But I think I can do this now!

Archived