pattern help

I'm working on a "Wendy's Waistcoat" from Interweave Crochet Fall 2006. I'm hoping someone else out there has this issue.

I'm stuck on the armhole part. I've chained 36, did the patt rep on both sides of the chain, then connected it to the vest with the 5 dc. Now, it says to work row 2 of the patt rep on the vest. Then it says work rows 3 and 4, then one and two. My question is where do I work those rows? On the vest? around the armhole? around the armhole and vest? because next is to shape neck. Ugh!

I tried to do this in fall 06 when i got the mag and this is exactly where i got stuck! so i frogged it and figured i'd do it again when i was more experienced. i'm pretty experienced now, but the pattern is kind of vague to me!

HELP ME! :think

I tried to do this in fall 06 when i got the mag and this is exactly where i got stuck! so i frogged it and figured i'd do it again when i was more experienced. i'm pretty experienced now, but the pattern is kind of vague to me!

HELP ME! :think

I am working on it to see what they want. I happen to have this patter/issue as a gift so I will see what I can come up with for this.

If others already know the pattern that works too :wlol

I think that what is going to happen is that the ch 36 forms the front part of the armhole so you will work the pattern stitch along that chain and get back to where the torso part of the pattern continues. Eventually, you will join the shoulder seam. I am guessing this based on the chart and the schematic but I need to see it forming first. Type to you tomorrow

if you could post your pic it would probably help

Archived