An amazing yardsale find!

I hit the yard sales today, and snapped up a bundle of knitting needles (I don't knit . . .yet!) for US$1.00. I got home and separated them. Turns out I bought TWELVE pairs of knitting needles, all different sizes, and and six lonesomes. :c9 I'm dead chuffed! :knit My dilemma now is going to be keeping myself from trying to knit while I still have so many projects with deadlines!

What makes this deal more unbelievably good was how expensive the rest of the yard sale was. A unwrapped bar of regular soap (not homemade or otherwise special) was 75 cents. A necklace with plastic beads was $8.00. They must have decided that no one knits anymore, but that plastic beads are a rarity!

Grinning ~ Joy

I KNOW!!!! Just got back from a garage sale where I bought 3 chiquita banana boxes and a comforter bag full of yarn for..............$12!!!!!!!! Would have gotten more, but I had my husband with me, so I was put on restriction. :(

Boy oh boy, I need to get to some yard sales again!!! I got some great yarn earlier this summer. One day I was out and it seemed like everyone was selling yarn. At one I got a bag full of yarn including 3 full caron pounders plus an almost full one and an almost full cone of cotton for $3! I was so excited, but haven't been out to yard sales since. Perhaps, I'll take a ride around today.

Archived