63 Squares Question

Swayde

Question

Okay, I finally am getting around to starting on my 63 squares crochet along blanket. I got the first single crochet square done (took 3 tries to get the measurements right). Anyhow, I started to do the first edging row of single crochets, the one where you don't cut your yarn and use the same color, well after re-reading the instructions several times and attempting, I have come to the conclusion that I really don't understand what it's telling me to do. *Sigh*

It says with right side facing chain 1 and then do 3 SC's in the same space...what space? Is it the SC that the chain came up from? Is it the space in the corner that is before that first SC? Is it the chain? I just can't seem to get my brain to comprehend this and it feels silly heh.

6 answers to this question

That is what I was thinking, however, doing it in the SC that the chain comes from would (on both ends) would leave 23 SC's to work into and it says to do 25, that is confusing me =(

It just tells you to fit 25 stitches on each side (not including the 3 you do at corners.) Just equally space the 25 stitches. you might have to do two in one or two scs when you are working along the foundation chain side and when you go to work on the side perpendicular to the foundation chain, just equally space the 25 stitches along the edge and work them in.

There is also this thread dedicated for the 63 squares CAL, if you wnat to join. Lots of helpful discussions and tips and tricks there.

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=534

Thanks guys, going to give it a try with doubling up on an some SC's in the middle to get my 25 out of it =)

I signed up for the crochet along about 5 months ago, I finally have decided to start working on it in between other projects =)

It's been a few years since I made this ghan, but I remember a few things that you might want to keep in mind.

No mater what gyrations, threats, tears you shed over these squares, they will NOT be all the same size. I've talked to about 6 people who made this ghan and we all had the same issue.

I came to believe that some of the patterns just had errors or were ugly. I substituted other squares where needed.

My ghan is so old now that it's falling apart. It was lovely when finished but a real PITA at times :-)

Archived