Butterfly Afghan/ Crochet Today (April/May)

ImperfectMe

Question

I have all the pieces done, however, I cannot figure out the best way to join it all! I've tried under the ruffle, at the top of the shells that form the ruffle (both using only the inside loop and using the entire stitch) and it just does not seem to come out right.

Has anyone done this? How did you join your pieces??

6 answers to this question

I just started this pattern last night so I have a ways to go before I can put it together. But I'm also interested to know if anyone else had problems with it.

What I did was FIRST sew the circle to the body, THEN I sewed the two circles on that side together. I think it turned out "okay". I'd like to do another one when someone can figure out the best way to put it together. I think part of my problem is I can't see the underside of the project in the picture AND I stuffed the middle part more than a "little" so it's almost a stuffed animal body.

I also had no idea how to sew the shells of the wings together to form a seam (whether I matched them up to one another or fit them together...if that makes any sense.) I chose to do the sewing them together to make a double shell for the seam between the wings.

Here's the finished project. I'm not thrilled with it, but I always find I do better the SECOND time I do a project. Remember, I'm new at this!

683866693_20adc8a8a0.jpg

And the seams:

683866633_3ac47e1f7d.jpg

I did a round ripple for my youngest daughter's bio brother who is going to be born any day and they used a safari theme for his room, hence the colors. I had so much left I had to do something with it. My son said it looks like a Monarch, so I guess it works!

Greetings and salutations,

I bought that issue simply b/c I wanted to make the butterfly. This is really neat. I haven't had a chance to start it yet. NiYa

Archived