Best Book for Crochet Edgings & Converting Knit to Crochet

Gemlady

Hi Everyone,

I've seen a few books that focus on a variety of crocheted edgings to add nice finishing touches to projects. I can't remember specific publication names right now, but was wondering if there is one out there that you would recommend above another.

Also, I think I saw a book once that explained how one could take a knit pattern and convert it to a crochet pattern. Does this ring a bell to anyone and, if so, would you please pass the name of the book(s) along to me? I've always been curious about how to do this but recently saw a Berrocco fall sweater that I love but I don't want to knit it. I know how to knit but I don't get anything near the same satisfaction as when I'm crocheting. I think I'd actually resent it if I just had to knit something at this point - LOL!

Thanks in advance for your help (I'm still pretty new here, but have I mentioned that I just LOVE Crochetville!!)!! :manyheart

Also, I think I saw a book once that explained how one could take a knit pattern and convert it to a crochet pattern. Does this ring a bell to anyone and, if so, would you please pass the name of the book(s) along to me?

From Needles to Hook: Complete Guide to Converting Knit Patterns to Crochet (Hardcover)

by Donna Scott

From Knit to Crochet: How to Get the Look and Feel of Knitting with Crochet! by Bobbie Matela

Both have bad reviews though.

As for edging, there are several books. I haven't tried any of them yet but these look nice.

http://www.maggiescrochet.com/pages/Leaflets/ASN_Annies/AA_876566_crochet_on_edge_main.htm

http://www.maggiescrochet.com/pages/Leaflets/Leisure_Arts/LA_4382_50_borders_main.htm

Wonderful. Maybe my library will have the "convert to crochet" books so that I can take a look at them before purchasing. I love the edging books you recommended, esp. the afghan edgings. I'm thinking I could probably make those edgings work for wearables, etc. too. Thank you so VERY much!! :yay

Archived