Help with my Diamonds

craftylee

Question

Hi,

Well this is my first time posting for help...I hope I am not breaking any copyright laws by posting part of the pattern that I need help with but here it goes. (and if I am please just tell me so....)

The following is the pattern

Ch 3

Row 1 – SC in 2nd ch from hook, sc in next ch. Ch 1, turn.

Row 2 – Work 2 sc in first sc for increase, sc in each sc across, ch 1 turn

Row 3-11 – Rep Row 2.

Row 12 – Draw up a lp in each of first 2 sc, yo hook and draw lp through (1 sc dec), sc in each sc across, ch1 turn.

Row 13-21 – Rep Row 12.

Row 22 – dec 1 sc. Ch 1, do not turn

Border for Diamond: working along ends of rows, work 3 sc in end of first row, * sc in end of each of next 10 rows, 3 sc in end of next row, sc in end of each of next 10 rows*, 3 sc in end of diamond. Rep bet *’s along opposite edge. Join with sl st in first sc and leaving a length of yarn for sewing, break off.

I am good up until I have to do the border. The part that is bolded is where I am having trouble. When I get to the other end it seems like I run out of rows or even when I get back up the opposite side at the top, it seems like I run out as well. Not sure if the pattern is missing something or I am....

Please help anyone if you can....I would very much appreciate any tips for a diamond....

Thanks.......:yay

Shiny

6 answers to this question

What they are probably wanting you to do is to put 3 sc into all of your points. The other rows should just get a sc edging.

Are your rows working out to the right number.

It doesn't seem like there are enough rows.....I put 3 sc in the top then go down the side, and then when I get to the other end, there are 2 sc. I use the first one for my 10th sc and then the second sc for the 3 sc but then when I go up the other side, there doesn't seem to be enough rows when it says to sl sp in first sc crochet.....I am probably making it more complicated than it is.....:think

Then work the 3sc Between the two sc and you will be fine.

It's one of those Small stuff things that we are not supposed to sweat. If all of your diamonds are the same ... it should all work out in the end.

Archived