2x2 filet baby blanket help

katerprincess

Question

I just found this pattern I had in an old 'decortive crochet' magazine that I picked up in a free pile at a yard sale. It's from March 1994. There is the cutest pattern in there for a Bassinet Blanket in filet. There are little teddy bears all over it. The problem is, the instructions are driving me insane! 1 OM= 1 ch, sk 1 st, dc in next 1 SM= dc in each of the next 2 sts. For SM over OM work DC over ch-1 lp, dc in next dc. Has anyone ever done a 2x2 filet like this before? Do the same rules apply ie...the last dc for one stitch counts as the next dc for the next stitch? I've never ha this much trouble before!!! I'm ripping my hair out LOL:eek The first rows of the pattern I have the stitch count perfect and it's just not adding up correctly for the pattern. I don't suppose anyone out there has this pattern by chance do they?

Thanks for any help anyone can offer!

Best Regards,

Kate:think

3 answers to this question

Just a suggestion... you may want to send an email to Sandi Marshall at About dot com

http://crochet.about.com/

She has tutorials on Filet crochet and has worked with antique and vintage patterns to make them more understandable to us simple folk. :wlol

She hasn't mentioned 2 X 2 but she might be able to help

I've done quite a lot of filet and this is my interpretation:

To Open Mesh over OM, ch 1, sk next ch 1 sp, dc in next dc.

To OM over Solid mesh(SM), ch 1, sk next dc, dc in next dc.

To SM over OM = dc in ch 1 sp, dc in next dc.

To SM over SM = dc in next 2 dc.

1 OM = ch 1, dc

1 SM = 2dc.

When you count the meshes, you never count the first dc. That's why your original chain was multiples of 2 plus 1 (the beginning dc). It is much easier to go by the chart rather than the instructions. Did I help at all? If not, let me know and I'll try to help more.:)

Archived