Trouble reading glove pattern!

Molly Love

Question

hi guys, im working on an glove pattern that says:

Ch4

1st rnd: Make 11 dc, 12 dc, 13 dc, in 4th ch from hook. Join with sl st to top of starting chain.

im not quite sure what "11 dc, 12 dc, 13 dc" is describing, does it mean to add the double chain, so 36 dc, in the 4th chain from hook, or do those double chain in the corresponding separate stitches?

the pattern doed this again further on talking about rounds:

Repeat 3rd rnd until 12 rnds, 13 rnds, 14 rnds, are completed.

does the above mean to do 39 rounds, or is it simply counting to mean i need to complete up to 14 rounds?

There are more examples of this "counting" in the pattern that i do not understand, please help!!

very confused :|

4 answers to this question

it looks like different sizes Molly. they usually break it up into brackets

size given small, changes in ()

like ch4

11 dc (12dc; 13dc)

so 11 would be for the small size, if you wanted the largest size you would use 13dc. further down the pattern you would have to always work according to what you did here. If you work the 13dc now, further down the pattern when it "does it again" you need to work what is right for the large size, so the 14 rnds, but if you wanted a small size it would be only 12 rounds.

Is this pattern online? if you can link me to it I can clarify this for you more. but basically it is sizing and you need to pick one of.

ahh thanks shell!

yeah that makes sense, thanks for the help, ive been racking my brain for ages and trailing so many different things lol

the pattern is not online sorry, its a pdf file that was sent to me, i can send you a copy if you like!

thank you again <33

glad to help!

sharing files like that is a breach of copyright, and something they're bery strict about here on crochetville. thank you for the offer though, I know it was said with only the best intentions :)

Archived