Crochet in NC

paperflowers

Sorry, I know it's taboo to start a thread when you're new. I am just so glad to find other crocheters in this region! I'm from the Raleigh, NC area and have been only able to find local knitting resources so far. The knitters at SNB are nice enough to let me hang with them even though I'm the enemy :) Hi everybody!

Laurie, 28

Wake Forest, NC

Hi Laurie!

I don't remember reading anything about newbies not being able to start threads here......if you've got a question or a comment, post away!!!!

The LYS I go to here in town has both crocheters and knitters, and even though knitters far outnumber us, we all still get along very well, and appreciate the other's skills. I spent a whole Saturday in the shop recently, and had a great time crocheting, and visiting with the ladies as they knitted.

It's a netiquette thing. If you're the new guy, you're supposed to sit back and listen for a few days.

I go to SNB once a week and have coffee with the knitters. They are really nice. It'd be nice to meet other crocheters, though. I'm a yarn cheapskate, tho so I haven't checked out the little specialty yarn shops yet.

Archived