Adding a border to squares and Joining?

Lady Angelina

Question

So I have this baby blanket I'm crocheting for my cousin, who recently plopped a little girl out. It's made up of squares, and I need to join them together (something I've never done DX). I want to add a border in a different color, and join them all together.

I don't know how to join them together, or start the border, or anything... o_o;

I'm hoping someone here can help~ It's in DC, a filet pattern...

http://www.incandescence.shinjuu.net/blanket.gif

There's a semi-closeup of the squares, with the color I want the border in. Thanks in advance!

5 answers to this question

Lady Ang,

One thing those tutorials might not tell you is that you can work straight across rows of squares without cutting your yarn and weaving in the ends. First, do all the rows (using whichever method you want, I find sl st to be the easiest) and then go and do all the columns. Much faster and fewer ends.

K

I usually like to do a round or two of single crochet around each square (just attach the contrast yarn along a side and chain one then do a sc evenly along each side doing three sc into each corner) and the stitch them all together using a whipstitch. Then you can do a few rows of sc around the entire blanket or maybe a row of shells or scallops to pretty it up even more.

Thanks for the tip, econ-nerd!

What I'm doing is a row of sc all around the edges (which is really hard, for the sides DX), and then a row of dc, so that it's fuller than just a dc, and a lot less sloppy than just a sc.

I think I'll have a hard time getting it all together, but it layed out looks really good to me xD

Thanks for all your help, guys~

Archived