deanj

DeanJ

Question

Hi, I may be the only person in the world that had this problem but I somehow doubt it, so I thought for all the new crochetiers out there I would just pass along something that worked for me. I began crocheting again after many many years and I had to learn all over again pretty much. I was having trouble making a granny square -one of the most basic things to make right!!-:think mine just would not turn out, well, I found a little bookklet in the yarn section at Walmart a week ago entitled Sweet Stripes (to knit and crochet) it is put out by Bernat yarns, called a bonus book, the # on it is 542013 anyway, on page 10 there are directions for a Granny Square Blanket, I sat down and thought okay here we go another one to try, within minutes I had a completed square :clap , I am not sure if it was the way the pattern was worded, the size, or what, but it is the best basic pattern for this I have found. So if you are having trouble with this as I was this may help, if I am the only one, well, I have solved the problem now, so just be happy with me and have a good laugh :lol on me because I couldn't even make a basic square. Have a good day now,

2 answers to this question

I don't think you're alone in this. I've beeen crocheting over 30 years and still have a hard time with some patterns. Sometimes it helps me to re-write them in my own way and that helps. Other times I might ask another crocheter to show me what they would do. But you found your way through and I hope you keep it up. There's lots of help available here as well as on the internet too.

Granny squares were the last thing I learned to do! I also had trouble with them.:P

Family Circle mag had a how to section on them. That's how I finally learned.:yay THAT was many moons ago!:lol

Archived