Thread Project - weaving ends?

Krystal16

Question

Hello, all! Well, I finished my first "thread" project! Not sure if it truly counts, because I used a 3 and a 10 together to make the fancy fans stole. It is quite loose and drapey, not at all like a tight doily. I have all of my ends to weave in, and am wondering if it's the same as for yarn? Should I knot the thread? You won't notice, I'm sure of it... Or do I just take the 10" piece I left (I figured better safe than sorry) and weave back and forth, up and down?

This is a gift, and I'd hate to ruin it with wiggly worm ends coming undone!

2 answers to this question

When I made the Summer Breeze top out of thread, I wove in all the ends. I wove up and down, back and forth and split the thread in a few places and at the end to make it more secure. I was afraid that knots would come apart.

Should I knot the thread? You won't notice, I'm sure of it... Or do I just take the 10" piece I left (I figured better safe than sorry) and weave back and forth, up and down?

Well, this may not be the popular answer, but I would do both just to make sure!:blush It seems no matter how much I weave up and down back and forth, the very end still creeps out and looks ugly.

Archived