Doily pattern help needed...

MSL

Question

I have not come across this in a pattern yet before :think , but I hope some of you have. The pattern calls for this in the first rnd:

Ch 8, join to form a ring, * ch 16, s c in ring, repeat from * 14 times, ch 7, tr tr c (4 times over needle) in ring, (this brings thread in position for next row).

I thought it might have been some sort of typo :blush until I saw rnd 2 says this:

2nd Row. * Ch 6, s c in next loop, repeat from * all around ending row with ch 3, d c in tr tr c.

Can anyone help talk me thru this??? I am tearing my hair out :thair trying to figure out what "tr tr c" is and what it means to do it "over the needle."

Thanks in advance!

Mary <><

2 answers to this question

A Triple Tr crochet is at step more than a double treble which is one more than a Treble crochst

needle is old usage for crochet hook. You may see it often so don't be surprised.

when it says 4 times over needle they mean wrap yarn around the hook 4 times to begin your stitch

a Tr is 2 times over the hook (needle)

a DTr is 3 times over the hook (needle)

a TrTr is 4 times over the hook (needle

Thanks! I knew the "needle" must have meant hook, but I did not know what they meant by 4x over. :blush I was trying to figure out how to do the stitch 4 times over top of the hook upsidedown some how LOL! :lol Well that clears it up very nicely! Thanks so much! Now back top the pattern! :hook

Mary <><

Archived