blocking questions

marym

Question

As of late I have enjoyed doing graph ghans. Oh, I love them!! BUT!! Everyone I've done has come out lopsided, so I'm figuring they need blocked. I've never done this before so if anyone has any step by step directions for this I would sure appreciate it.

Thank ya much,

Mary

3 answers to this question

just wet good and lay flat on soemthing to dry shaping it like you want it. I use the bed if it is a ghan since they won't fit on the dryer. :)

Are they coming out katawhompered because you your stitches or just cause you have pulled when working?

Uggg, a wet bed?? Maybe I can cover it with a plastic sheet or something.....I don't know what is causing it. Really weird, as one side seems to get shorter, the other side seems to get longer. I've counted and counted and counted the stitches and everything is fine there. And it's only the graph ghans I have any problems with.

I don't mean wet wet just damp wet. Sorry I wasn't very clear. I have washed my items before though and then spread a few towels under them for a while and then changed them out so the bed wasn't wet. I have also put trash bags under then the towels.

Are you working in the very first ch? About the only time you do that is for sc. And then when you get to the end of the row you work the last st in the ch sp from the last row. It usually turns out straight for me like that. I also don't use tunisian st or afghan st I either use sc or hdc.

Archived