Zippy Hoodie Help

Auntie Kellie

Question

I am almost done this adorable sweater for my DD, Breanna. She had been very impatient about getting to wear it and very vocal about her impatience.

The problem I'm having is the sleeves. I've checked and rechecked the pattern and my measurements but the tops of the sleeves don't match up with the armholes on the rest of the garment. Has anyone else made this garment and run into the same problem? If so, how did you fix it? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. I checked the website for corrections but there aren't any available and I don't know how to correct a garment pattern to write to them and suggest the corrections.

Hugs and Cookies

Auntie K

2 answers to this question

:think Can you tell us more?

:think What sort of sleeve top is it?

:think What does the armhole look like?

:think Can you post a picture ot both of these bits, without the side seam or sleeve seam completed?

It is hard to say what the problem might be without seeing either the pattern or the actual pieces.

Have fun.

Colleen:hug

sweatershapes.jpg

Sorry I can't get a photo of the piece right now, the kids took and hid my camera after taking too many pics of them. I will once I find where they hid it. I did shaped garments like this before when I did two Moonlight Sonata jackets for my daughters so when I first saw the pattern I figured it would be just like that. The pattern calls for both measurements and stitch counts and everything I worked on has added up to what the pattern called for. The vest part and the sleeves fit her perfectly, the sleeves just don't have enough stitches in them when finished to correctly fit onto the vest. Maybe I'll write to them and see if others that have tried the pattern had similar problems.

Hugs and Cookies

Auntie K

Archived