The woolee winder

kellyv

I have to tell you all this thing is AMAZING!!!:yay I was in Maryland this past weekend for the sheep and wool festival and bought one. Well I know its kind of expensive but soooooo worth it. It has made myspinning a dream and the bobbins hold alot. So if you can get one I highly recomend it.:D

Not only has my spinning gotten faster, but it is more consistent and even. I am a new spinner and this really helped with that. Plus the bobbins hold ALOT of yarn. I have a Lendrum DT folding wheel and what a difference. I tell you it is sooooo worth the money.

I have a few wheels and would love to have one but after visiting their website, I found they don't carry one for my most used wheel.

I have a new Ashford Traveler, double belt. The woolee winder they have for the Traveler is the old style bobbin. My belts are on the opposite side of the orifice.

• 2 months later...

Cyndi, you could fill out their online form saying what type you'd like them to carry...I think if they get enough interest, or have the type of wheel available for their tests, they make it. I did that for my Sonata in May and now I have a Woolee Winder for my Sonata :D

Cyndi

No the bobbins and flyer are seperate units. I use my ww bobbins to ply from. I just make sure they are on the lazy kate with the gear side up. I have a Lendrum and just use the ww bobbins to ply onto my jumbo flyer head. The jumbo is great because the ww bobbins hold alot of yarn. Hope this helps. By the way I have 4 ww bobbins and find thats enough because I make sure I get my yarns done and off the bobbins. LOL

The flyer comes with a bobbin but they are seperate items. I bought a second bobbin and now wish I had bought a third because I will need to use my old flyer to ply the yarn. But I think that's just me being lazy!

• 10 months later...

Archived