Hyperbolic Planes

I do have been infected by the hyperbolic bug i tried doing one in a spiral increasing every fourth stitch and got a cone shape to attach my curly wurly ones too, though i want to experiment with a hyperbolic baby hat now, think it would be kind of a pixie hat with ruffled brim! Also i started with a stem of five stitches worked in a spiral for a few rows the started increasing every stitch and that worked out great!

Have fun with this but warning this is seriously addictive

HomekeepingGran, the Lorenz Manifold is beautiful! But I agree with you, the counting seems like it would be a beast. :lol
I would have to invest in a million stitch markers to do it, LOL! But it's so lovely!

One of the first things my mom taught me to crochet was a curly bookworm bookmark. All you do is crochet a chain - about forty or so long - then skip the first three chains and start making three double crochets in each chain until your worm is as long as you want it to be. Leave a long chain to slip into the book though. When you're done it looks just like a corkscrew and if you want you can glue a couple of small googlie eyes on. I'll try to make one up tonight and post a picture for you. I made a whole bunch of these when I was eight or nine.

that bookmark is cute! here are the three I did, I think I'm going to add some beads to the orange one and another color of purple to the purple one.

100.jpg

Archived