Queen Elizabeth 11

I saw the welcoming ceremony at the White House for the Queen and she had what I believe is a crocheted collar around her jacket---it looked that way, I wasn't too sure. She had a black and white suit on and the colllar was black, very dainty and pretty. She is certainly a beautiful woman for her age. Did any one see the ceremony this morning. Do you think the collar was crocheted?

I think it is Brugge lace. She is in pretty good form for her age, but then I guess she has access to the best of everything. I quite like that outfit she wore, as I havent seen her in black and white before. She usually wears more striking colours - reds and blues. I saw here when I was a child and she visited Australia in the late 60s. I think it was her Silver anniversay or something. I remember sitting in this huge football field for hours with a red card on my back. There were 1,000s of school kids each in a different colour and when we bent over we made the australian flag and welcome! Sounds corny now, but I will never forget the excitement.

Archived