Help needed understanding

LadySox

Question

Ok I am lost. This line just is too confusing; I think its just the way its worded but I read it 10X's last night and finally put my work away. It is from this pattern http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/en/visoppskrift.php?d_nr=95&d_id=26〈=en

and this is the section I cannot figure out.

Tie-strings for back: (please click link above to read pattern instructions)

Thank you ladies for your help!

4 answers to this question

The way I read it is...

Look at the diagram. In the section 3...the narrow band under the bust...working on the side going up...on the lowest tr...join your yarn with a sl st, ch 3 (counting as 1st tr),work 2 tr in each st along the edge until you have 9 tr. Turn, ch 3 and work 1 tr in each tr (10 counting ch3). Continue that pattern for approx. 6", 6-3/4", or 7-1/2" depending on size top you making. Then, decrease each row by 1 tr until the rows are only 4 tr and continue the rows of 4 tr until the string measures approx. 11-1/2", 13-1/2", or 16-1/2". Finish off and repeat on the other side.

Does this help???

I agree with "misssmaggie," except: wouldn't it be 9tr total, not 10? If you ch3, then tr in each tr, it would be 9, just like the row below. If you have 10, it would increase. The ch3 is counted as the first tr in each row. The rest of what she said is how I would interpret it, too.

I think I wasn't allowed to post the exact part that I was having trouble with, as my post was edited. (I apologize, being a free online pattern I thought it would be fine) I think I may have solved it & am going to try again this evening.

Archived