What does this mean??

karin4christ

I'm knitting a baby sweater. The directions state, " K every row for garter st until 3 1/2 ins. above, ribbing, end on wrong side." I've done the ribbing and then have done the garter stitch for 3 1/2 inches. But what does that mean " end on wrong side??" Do if finish a row on the right side and then start the next part of the directions on the wrong side or do I finish the wrong side and then turn the work to start on the right side?? :think

I'm pretty sure it means that your last row should end with a purl row. When you purl that last row the wrong side will be facing you.

:cheer The pattern is telling you to finish on a wrong side row so your next row will be a right side row.

Look at where the tail of your knitting is and depending on your cast on, you should know where the tail was when you started your first row.

The tail should be in the same place after you finish the wrong side row, after you turn your knitting.

Another way to work it out is that the right side rows are always the odd number rows but when you have completed a wrong side row, you have an even number of rows.

Clear as mud????

Hope not.

Have fun.

Colleen:hug

Archived