Yarn substitution for tank top

DesertCrocheter

I'm starting to get the itch to knit my first wearable. I figure the next logical step is for me to tackle shaping now that i think I Have decreases and increases down. And with the semester winding down in three weeks, I'll have a little more spare time on my hands, sooo...... I feel like just jumping in and trying! I'm thinking of trying my hand at the Shapely Tank Top, a free pattern on the whiteliesdesigns.com website. Knitty had a short tutorial on the short row shaping that the designer used a couple of years ago, so I'm thinking I might, I just might, be able to make this. The pattern calls for Cascade Pima tencel, but I was thinking of using Knit Picks Shine sport instead. Any opinions? Thanks, Patty

• 8 months later...

I see it's been a while since this question was asked, but I thought I'd answer anyway.

Knit Picks Shine seems like it would work great, but not the sport weight. This pattern calls for worsted weight yarn. Otherwise, the materials are comparable.

Thanks, CyM, for your suggestion, Thought I'd update you. I used the wrong yarn, and the tank came out way too big for me. So I sent the tank to my sister for Christmas, and she likes it. She'd like it longer in the torso, and since this was such an easy pattern, I may give it another go this year. Patty

Archived