Sad news for Milwaukee, WI: Kro-Sha closing

cdngirleh

From Kro-Sha's news page:

BREAKING NEWS!

I'm sad to report that, after much consideration and soul searching, I have decided to close the store, effective June 30th, 2007. It has been a great two and a half years, and I have made an incredible number of friends during this time, but with the economy what it is, I can no longer keep the store open. Starting May 1st, the entire store will be on sale for 30% off. Thank you for your continued support.

Such sad news! I love the atmosphere in that store, and I've always experienced nothing but friendly and helpful service there.

I think these days a store has to have a second income from somewhere else to stay in business what with the price of rent and competing with the big stores; however, there is a resurgence of local shops and what they offer is personal service. I guess one has to be really lucky enough to have a great location and a growing business...to do that tho, they have to offer a lot by way of classes and late/weekend business hours. Maybe if (when?) I hit the lottery I can open a craft shop and not have to care about the income that it pulls in :). Here's hoping that perhaps a buyer will be interested in her location and reopen? Sorry you're losing your fave shop.

Archived