Need yarn requirements for pattern in Lily Chin book Crochet Couture

I just ordered the book Crochet Couture by Lily Chin and it won't be here for another week. I want to buy some yarn from my favorite seller on eBay for the dress below but I don't know how much to get, hence I am asking if anyone has the book if they could tell me the yardage suggested for this dress in a size Large or X-Large. Interweave Crochet often publishes a 'materials needed' section on-line but I couldn't find anything for this book, although Lily has been published in Interweave. Appreciate the help!

dress.jpg

Hey G/F! Sorry I don't have any help to offer, but I can't WAIT to see the finsished product, is this for you? Or Ah Leah? It looks cool, I have that book on my personal want really bad list...sorry I can't help though.:hug

I just ordered the book Crochet Couture by Lily Chin and it won't be here for another week. I want to buy some yarn from my favorite seller on eBay for the dress below but I don't know how much to get, hence I am asking if anyone has the book if they could tell me the yardage suggested for this dress in a size Large or X-Large. Interweave Crochet often publishes a 'materials needed' section on-line but I couldn't find anything for this book, although Lily has been published in Interweave. Appreciate the help!

Definitely beautiful dress and I highly recommend the book for anyone who wants to crochet wearables!

For the dress the yarn is Lily Chin Signature Collection Chelsea 191 yards (175m)/50 g, #4917 Salmon 10 skeins for Large, 11 skeins for 1X.

For the stole the yarn is Karabella Lace Mohair 540 yd (494m)/50g, #3084 peachy-pink, 3 skeins.

Let me know if you want to know what the contents of the yarns are.

Linda Y

Hey G/F! Sorry I don't have any help to offer, but I can't WAIT to see the finsished product, is this for you? Or Ah Leah? It looks cool, I have that book on my personal want really bad list...sorry I can't help though.:hug

I am SUPER excited about this book... and this dress. I've struggled with wearables for a LONG time, and hubby and I were at B&N over the weekend and I really fell in love with the book... and THE DRESS!!!! I am losing weight and toning up and the dress will be for me - I finally don't look six months pregnant anymore (which is a good thing, since 'the baby' is 13 yrs old now!) - now I only look about four months pregnant:D and with a bit of work and some industrial-strength undergarments I think it would be wonderful to be able to wear something so pretty like this! I'm actually working on four different wearables right now - but they are cardigans and dusters, and it's still really exciting to be able to wear things and not feel like a yarn-covered hippo:eek !

Definitely beautiful dress and I highly recommend the book for anyone who wants to crochet wearables!

For the dress the yarn is Lily Chin Signature Collection Chelsea 191 yards (175m)/50 g, #4917 Salmon 10 skeins for Large, 11 skeins for 1X.

For the stole the yarn is Karabella Lace Mohair 540 yd (494m)/50g, #3084 peachy-pink, 3 skeins.

Let me know if you want to know what the contents of the yarns are.

Linda Y

Wow, thanks SO MUCH!!!! Now I can "do the math" and figure out how much yarn to order! I won't be using the Lily Chin yarn as, 1) I don't have an LYS; and 2) it's probably VERY expensive... I'll go on-line and look at the fiber content, etc., and see what might be a suitable replacement. Thank you so much for your help! I knew a Villager would come through!:yes

Archived