Some dying questions.

Hesper

Hey all, I'm going to be trying dying tonight with Fisherman's wool and some Koolaid, probably nuking the yarn in the micro, and I have a few questions about it. Sorry if I sound kinda silly with some of these questions. :)

- What kind of microwave-safe pan should I use? Will the dye stain the pan? Should I go buy a pan just for dying yarn, or can it be used later to cook food?

- If the dye gets onto my hands, is there a way to remove it?

- Is vinegar required, or not necessary?

- How do you handle the smell? Or perhaps..how long til the smell goes away? :P

Any responses will be appreciated! Thanks

Koolaid is food, so no special pans necessary. It may stain plastic, but you can use glass or pyrex pans with no problem.

I use baby oil and dish soap mixed on my hands and it gets most of the color off.

I use vinegar. Honestly I don't notice much smell from dyeing, but you can always put a bit of vanilla extract in some water and bring it to a boil afterwards in the microwave.

Don't forget the pictures!

Koolaid is food, so no special pans necessary. It may stain plastic, but you can use glass or pyrex pans with no problem.

I use baby oil and dish soap mixed on my hands and it gets most of the color off.

I use vinegar. Honestly I don't notice much smell from dyeing, but you can always put a bit of vanilla extract in some water and bring it to a boil afterwards in the microwave.

Don't forget the pictures!

Thanks for your help :) I'm taking the plunge today, and will try to post pics.

Archived