FC Easy Crochet lacy sleeveless top

Hello,

I was wondering whether or not anyone has completed this project and if they have any tips to share such as problems with the pattern. This pattern is number 20 in the Spring 2007 issue. Links to pictures of the finished top would be great!:)

Hi :)

I am currently working on this right now. The only error I have noticed so far is that the # of chains to start is wrong...it should be "Ch 53" not "Ch 52" to give you 51 hdc. Other than that, the pattern is pretty straightforward. Also, the gauge says "122 hdc to 4". I think it should be "22 hdc to 4". My gauge is a little wonky (lengthwise), but I think I can adjust the # of repeats and it will work out OK. There is a CAL at craftster (link below) and a finished top is posted, but she made it a maternity top. Hope this helps...maybe we can keep updating if we get stuck!

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=155004.0

I'm also working on this -- I'm about halfway through the torso, with 7 or 8 repeats. It's turning out to be really pretty so far, though like MOBOGAL said, some of the stuff about the pattern is wonky. I've only found the same errors MOBO mentioned so far, and they're easy enough to figure out.

I didn't know about the CAL! Thanks for posting about that. :)

imade the top.....and it turned out wonderfully. i just haven't gotten around to taking a picture of myself in it.....i only noticed the errors that are mentioned here....:) though most the time i don't notice errors because my brain decides to fix them....it you know what i mean...

I'd love to see pics of finished tops! I love this top but am too intimidated to make it yet...esp now that i've read there are some mistakes in the pattern!! Aren't these supposed to be "triple checked"?

I'd love to see pics of finished tops! I love this top but am too intimidated to make it yet...esp now that i've read there are some mistakes in the pattern!! Aren't these supposed to be "triple checked"?

I've forgotten which one of the publications say "triple checked", but this particular magazine doesn't have it written on it. I guess the problems with this pattern are more typos?!

Archived