Mixing yarns

Ambersafghans

I am doing a ripple skirt with a shirt. (Three sets actually) One Shirt will be made with Red Heart Plush, one with lion brand Homespun, and one with Lion brand Microspun. Could I edge the skirts (Which will be in worsted weight or knitting worsted) With the shirt yarns? Maybe a strip in the middle of the skirt? Like, waist band, edge and middle strip in Plush rest of the skirt worsted weight? Do you think that would work? (Maybe not with Homespun?) Sorry for asking all of these questions.

Amber

Swatching is the key to mixing yarns. (See my reply in the topic about worsted and knitting worsted.) You'll surely need to change hook sizes to get it right, but almost anything can be done if you work through it. Try what you want to do with swatches -- put strips of other yarn in the middle of them and edge them. See how it works out. I know that might sound a little vague, but experimentation is the only way to really find out.

i am with Donna... i hate to admit i hardly ever swatch.. i fly by the seat of my pants and just adjust my hooks and stitches to make it all work.. but i LOVE the look of many fibres being used in a project.. so i do it alot .. so my advice is to follow donna;s advice if you havent ever attempted..LOL

and i think i am just babbling here cause i like to listen to myself LOL

Archived