Which blog host is the best?

A lot of crocheters here have their own blogs -- any advice on which host to go with? I think that crochet blogs should have a good amount of photo space ... anything else to look for?

Thanks for any input

If you want something free, Blogger is a great resource! You can get an address like adriann.blogspot.com, or whatever you choose. As for photo hosting, I don't know if Blogger offers to host them, but you can always use Imageshack or Photobucket to host your photos for free!

I don't personally use these, but I have used Blogger in the past and they are very nice and quite simple to set up and use.

If you want something free, Blogger is a great resource! You can get an address like adriann.blogspot.com, or whatever you choose. As for photo hosting, I don't know if Blogger offers to host them, but you can always use Imageshack or Photobucket to host your photos for free!

I don't personally use these, but I have used Blogger in the past and they are very nice and quite simple to set up and use.

I 2nd that, I love Blogger!

I'm on Wordpress now, also a free service, and it works well for me. It's user-friendly, and you can set up standing pages--apart from the regular posts--for galleries and such pretty easily. Blogger lets you hack into the code beneath the templates, but Wordpress won't unless you pay a fee. Hasn't been a problem for me because I barely know any HTML. I also Wordpress's tag system--keywords that you use for your posts; you can click on them to see who else has posted on that subject in Wordpress.

Rina, I use WordPress hosted on my own webspace; do they host sites themselves, too? Because I know that I've recoded the template on my site (and didn't pay anything), but that could just be because I'm hosting it that I'm able to do that. ;)

Archived